Terms & Conditions
- We are grateful for your contribution and support towards Maha Karuna Buddhist Society KL & Selangor. All monetary contribution are non-refundable and irrevocable.
- If you have made a genuine error in making your contribution or change your mind about contributing to Maha Karuna Buddhist Society KL & Selangor, please contact us within three (3) days of your contribution and we will consider your request. Our decision shall be absolute. In the event of any refund (in exceptional cases only):
a. all service/processing charges or fees incurred in connection with the donation and/or refund shall be borne entirely by the donor and will be deducted from the amount to be refunded; and
b. refunds are returned using the original method of payment. If you made your contribution by credit card, your refund will be credited to that same credit card.
Terms & Condition
To make an online donation by e-wallets, credit/debit cards, direct debit, FPX and any other mode of payment to be accepted by iPay88 from time to time, you will be directed to a microsite hosted by our agent, iPay88. Please refer to the relevant microsite for any further information about the collection and use of the data. The site may use security features and encryption if necessary.
Withdrawal of Consent, Access and Correction of your Personal Data
You have the right to request correction of any personal data submitted.
- have any question or feedback relating to your Personal Data or our Data Protection Policy;
- would like to withdraw your consent to any use of your Personal Data as set out in this Data Protection Policy;
- would like to request information about your personal data;
- notice or consider that your personal data is inaccurate, incomplete, misleading or not kept up-to-date and wish to request corrections to your Personal Data record; or
- would like to be removed from our mailing list
please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org *(If requested, please provide proof of document for request of correction to your personal data record.)
Change of Policy
This privacy statement applies to our main website address: mahakaruna.org.my (which may be varied, added and/or updated from time to time):
Maha Karuna Buddhist Society KL & Selangor is committed to ensuring that personal information is protected and managed in accordance with Malaysia laws, international good practice and individuals’ rights. We collect and use personal information in order to help us offer individuals appropriate information on our programs and initiatives, monitor our donations and administer our activities.
Data Protection Policy
The Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA) establishes data protection law that governs the collection, use, disclosure and care of personal data within the ambit of PDPA.
Maha Karuna Buddhist Society KL & Selangor recognizes that the privacy of your personal data is important to you. We are committed to treat all personal data with due confidentiality, in accordance with the applicable data protection laws of Malaysia.
By providing us your personal data, you agree to us processing your personal data and sensitive personal data in accordance to our personal data protection notice as stated in this policy.
Collection, Usage and Disclosure of Personal Data Collection
Depending on the purposes, the data which may be collected and processed includes but not limited to:
- Contact information: name, complete address, residential zone, phone number, and e-mail address.
- Information you wish to share: your age group, spoken language(s), nationality, photos, questions, comments, and suggestions.
- Your request to receive e-magazines and other informational materials from the organization or its affiliated organisations*.
Your personal data will be maintained and processed by Maha Karuna Buddhist Society KL & Selangor and its affiliated organisations*, for purposes including but not limited to:
- To contact you in regards to any Maha Karuna Buddhist Society KL & Selangor related activities, programs and volunteer opportunities which you have signed up for;
- Updates, reports, publications and news release or broadcast relating to our programs or activities;
- To respond to enquiries, enrolments / admissions to our missions, programs or activities;
- To respond to applications for job / aid / assistance;
- To send messages, e-magazines or other informational materials which you have subscribed to and/or which we think may be of relevance to you;
- To issue and send donation receipts and compile relevant analysis and/or reports.
Maha Karuna Buddhist Society KL & Selangor will not use your personal data for purposes other than what we have informed you or which are permitted under local laws and regulations.
Your personal data will be kept confidential and will not be disclosed without your consent unless compelled by the law, to any unauthorised third parties and/or for any purpose other than which it was disclosed or as described above, except where the exceptions to requirement for consent in the PDPA apply.